- When you first change an input, the video sometimes is grey. For
now just re-choose the input and the palette will correct itself.
This apparently also happens on startup on NTSC hardware.
- I2C client handling should _really_ be much better: Find the
chips when /dev/video or /dev/radio is opened, and this time do it
thoroughly! Lock the chip drivers when they are found, and release
them when /dev/video or /dev/radio is closed.
- Does not work if i2c-algo-bit.o is loaded with bit_test=1
- Capture isn't interrupt-driven yet.
- Audio control for the video device isn't implemented.
- Muting is broken in the radio device.
- Doesn't like XFree version 4
ToDo (recent additions)
Mostly taken from register dump after win98 was running.
- Make radio tuning work correctly on both NTSC and PAL hardware.
- Examine register dump after running win98, and see what's useful for us.
- Check, that Chipset init doesn't interfere with I2C and DDC drivers.
- Tristate unused lines.
- Try: VMI_CS_N=1, VMI_DS_N/VMI_RD_N=1, VMI_RW_N/VMI_WR_N=1, DTACK_N/RDY=0
- Reset VMI on load, release reset on device open.
- Try changing pixel buffer refill thresholds to 16.
- Win98 drivers set VMI address to 3, what's that???
- DTACK_N/RDY=1 when video input acivates.
- Try weave de-interlacing (and BOB too).
- Win98 seems to use Chrontel TV-out interface, maybe not initialized?
- vsync in is active low in Win98
- GPIO should probably be set to 0.
- Video in decimation. Dest size=806,364
- Error size 768,304 (taken from Win98???)
- Win98 uses only double buffering, screws up triple buffering?
- Video in stride should be 0x600, adjust triple buffers accordingly.
ToDo (long-term plans)
- Implement weave and bob deinterlacing.
- Automagic loading of the necessary modules. ``modprobe 3tv''
should be enough.
- Automatic video norm detection and change monitoring, when "AUTO" is
- Spinlocks for SMP systems.
- Use atomic operations for device busy detection.
- Make it use the "standard" i2c-voodoo3 driver for I2C operation.
- Reset the video processor when the screen resolution changes.
- Make the overlay window scroll correctly if virtual resolution is bigger
than the real resolution.
- V4L2 support.